Sunday, April 12, 2009

I just posted a new story and you all will love it!!! I want to be famous!! It's rather long but you'll like!

Instead of being surrounded by houses, we were surrounded by tall buildings, heavy traffic, and clusters of socializing people. The traffic made if difficult for us to cross the street, but we managed.





We arrived at an isolated building. Surrounded by tables and a playground where small children played. Aiyana opened the door. I covered my ears to block them from the cacophony of shouting and chattering from the large crowd that nearly filled the whole restaurant.





“Don%26#039;t worry about the noise!” Aiyana shouted. “This place is always busy! Let%26#039;s just get some food and chat for a while.”





I took a seat near the counter. Aiyana pulled out a ticket from a red box that stood next to me.





Geez, How does this girl deal with this?





I shrugged my shoulders. Aiyana sat down on the bench on my left.





“Why are we here Aiyana?” I asked.





“I’m hungry,” she answered. “And this place is perfect for us to chat.”





With all this noise? This girl is crazy.





“You’re hungry,” I rolled my eyes.





We sat at the milk bar for thirty minutes and the whole building became noisier and crowded. A red-haired young woman in a maid’s dress stood in front of us.





“Can I help you?” she said.





“May I have the cinapple shake?” said Aiyana





“Anything else?”





“Would you like something, Lily?”





“No thank you.”





I want the vanilla milk with yellow cake please!





“Also the vanilla milk and small yellow cake.”





“One Silver is your total.”





Aiyana reached for her purse and pulled out a silver coin and handed it to the woman.





“Um, hun?” said the red haired woman. “We don’t allow pets in the restaurant.”





Who is she calling a pet? Isis hissed.





“Sorry Isis,” said Aiyana. “You gotta go.”





Oh well, I have things to do anyway. Just don’t forget my food. The black cat leaped of Aiyana’s lap and slithered out the door.





Now that Isis was gone, I thought it would be a good time to talk to Aiyana. I’m still curious to know why she wanted to help. I was cruel to her. I killed her mother. The hatred I sensed from her disappeared. All of a sudden she was so calm. I also sense a small amount of fear from her. After ten minutes the milk bar became quieter.





“Um…Lily?” said Aiyana. “Can I ask you something?”





“What is it?”





“Well, remember when… uh…” She turned away fidgeting her fingers.





I watched her, waiting for her to say something. She looked up at me again.





“Well, when we found out why you were wanted, did you remember it? Do you really have amnesia?”





I faced forward. Thinking back to this morning made me cringe. I didn’t want to think about that right now.





“I did remember that day, where I killed all those people,” I said. “But I didn’t until the moment after we were discussing the newspaper. I’m sorry about your mother Aiyana.”





“Oh…uh it’s okay,” said Aiyana, who smiled at me.





“I wanted to ask you something too Aiyana.” I said. “Do you mind?”





“Oh no Lily,” said Aiyana. “Go on ask.”





“I hope I don%26#039;t come across as rude,” I turned away from Aiyana. “Why do you talk to me?”





“Excuse me?”





“Are you not angry at me for killing your mother?”





“Wel...yeah, a little.”





“You could have sided with the police back there. Why didn%26#039;t you?”





“Because...” Looking down at the counter, Aiyana nibbled her thumb.





“I felt so much hatred from you. You despised me. Why not now? Why are you being nice to me?”





“Because..well...you%26#039;re my friend.”





“That is not a good reason.” I said.





“Let me finish!” She shouted. The people around us stared at her.





“Forgive me, Aiyana,” I said. “I%26#039;m just curious.”





“It%26#039;s alright,” she said. “You%26#039;re Lily Rosewood, right?”





“I am.”





“We%26#039;ve met a few years ago.” said Aiyana, looking up at the ceiling. “We played together. I remember you always being alone. But That%26#039;s all I can remember about you.”





“I see.” Always alone? I always felt that way.





“It%26#039;s nice to see you again,” said Aiyana. “I also remembered that you called my %26#039;Aya%26#039;.”





I smiled at her.





“But when you killed my mum, I knew it was an accident. Yeah, I was mad. Yeah I hated you, but I didn%26#039;t see that then. I still think of you as my friend.”





“A friend?” I never knew what it was like to have a friend. What Aiyana said, gave my chest a pleasant feeling.





“Thank you Aiyana,” I said. “Really, I am sorry about your mother.”





“It%26#039;s okay. We should focus more on going to Grendel.”





“You%26#039;re right.”





The red haired woman arrived with a bag and a cup of Aiyana%26#039;s milkshake.





“Thank you.” said Aiyana, and handed the woman some copper coins. “Here%26#039;s your tip.”





The woman nodded and walked away.





“Lily, didn%26#039;t Isis say she had some things to take care of?”





“She did.”





“Well, she has been out for a while. Do you have a clue where she might be?”





“No.” It%26#039;s been fifteen minutes since Isis left. Aiyana wasn%26#039;t the only one who wondered where she was. I guessed like other cats she would go around as she pleased.





“Okay, anyway. I don%26#039;t have to remind you how to get to the city. But I can pick up some train schedules for you.”





“Okay,”





“But I don%26#039;t think you should head out right away.” Said Aiyana, taking a sip of her milkshake. “You need to prepare for your trip. You need money, clothes, a map and come food.”





“Do you have any money for all those?”





“Well, that%26#039;s one of the problems I was about to point out. I only have one silver left, which isn%26#039;t enough money for a train ticket.”





“Where are we going to get the money then?” I sighed.





“I don%26#039;t know, Lily,” said Aiyana. “I%26#039;m sure my mum has plenty of money, but I%26#039;m too young to access her bank account.”





“I guess my only option is the forest then,” I said and stood up.





“Wait, let%26#039;s not make that choice so quickly.” Aiyana grabbed my arm. “We%26#039;ll use what I have at home.”





“Are you insane?” I turned to Aiyana. “We have two dead people, and a bunch of useless cops investigating your house.”





“I know,” said Aiyana. “We%26#039;ll go there when the house is empty. They can%26#039;t stay there forever.”





“Good point,” I said, laughed and sat back down. “I think Isis may know what to do. Let%26#039;s wait for her to come back.”





“Right, but she can%26#039;t come in as a cat.” Aiyana placed her cup on the counter. “She can%26#039;t enter as a cat-girl either, especially in public.”





“I know,” I said. “She will inform us telepathically when she returns.”





Ten minutes passed, and Isis still hadn%26#039;t returned. Aiyana had her head down. She hadn%26#039;t finished her drink. For the past four minutes I had my eyes closed, watching two suspicious figures sitting at the table several feet behind me. Both of them were hooded and wore sunglasses. One of them had his hand stuck in his brown trench coat. Some strange feeling burned inside of me, telling me that these two were up to something. They were talking about something. Because of the loud noise from the other customers, it was difficult to figure out what they were saying.





“Remember what Pedro ordered us to do,” said the man on the right, talking in a southern accent.





“Yup,” said the man on the right. “Do you have any bullets? I lost mine.”





“Damn it, Number 15!” said the man on the left. “You%26#039;re so stupid. Whatever here. Just know what the plan is.”





“Alright number #13,” said #15, sticking the bullets into his trench coat. “What was the plan again?”





“Man, you ARE stupid. Just follow my lead, okay?”





What was the plan? What were they talking about? Were they going to kill someone? Start a robbery of some sort? I had to know.





“Lily, what%26#039;s wrong?” Aiyana looked at me. “Is everything all right?”





“Yes...fine,” Why did I say that? Should I tell Aiyana what I heard? I couldn%26#039;t help but become distracted by those two hooded men.





“You don%26#039;t seem okay,” said Aiyana.





“Don%26#039;t worry about me,” I said.





“Well, okay.”





One of the two men stood up with his hand still in his coat. Slowly, he pulled it out along with what he seemed to be concealing a black firearm. He%26#039;s going to kill somebody, but who? I waited to see who he%26#039;d be pointing the gun at. Slowly, he aimed it at us. But because of the distance, it was difficult to figure out who he intended to shoot. Not one person in the building, besides me seemed to notice the two men at all. After a few seconds, I peered into his mind. Searching around for the answer, I saw an image of the gun. Then a bag of money, and squirrels? No, what did he want? Who was he going to shoot? My answer came, and my heart began the beat violently and I nibbled at my lip when I saw the image of the freckle-face, red-haired girl with the purple framed glasses. The person he was going to shoot, Aiyana.





“Lily, I know something is wrong,” said the man’s target. “You%26#039;ve been having your eyes closed for five minutes. And you seemed very scared.”





There was a silent %26#039;pew%26#039;. I saw the round gold bullet heading for us in slow motion. As it came closer, it was heading towards Aiyana%26#039;s direction. I was right. I had no time to waste. There was no time to think about what to do. If I don%26#039;t act fast.





“Lily, tell me what%26#039;s wro-”





Without thinking, I shoved Aiyana backward. Her stool broke off. Her head landed onto the red tiled floor, while at the exact same moment, the bullet flew by and punctured its way into the the skull of a bald fat man. Blood spattered out from of the back of his head and landed onto the counter, nearly touching Aiyana%26#039;s milkshake.





“****!” said the man who pulled the gun.





“What are you? What%26#039;s going on?!” shouted Aiyana. “What did you push me for?”





“Look,” I pointed to the man who was shot, who stood for a good two seconds until he collapsed.





The crowd waiting in line for their meals, gave scared and confused looks when they noticed him fall.





“What%26#039;s going on? What happened?” said someone in the crowd.





“Someone call the police!” said a woman.





There were four gunshots, three men and a pregnant woman collapsed on the floor. Loud, earsplitting screams filled the restaurant. The crowd ran around in random directions, scurrying about like frightened ants. Because of that, finding the two shooters became extremely difficult. Some of the customers, crawled under tables. I looked down at Aiyana, who still sat on the floor, shaking as she mindlessly stared at four fallen bodies.





“Aiyana!” I called, but Aiyana did not respond.





“Get up!”





No response, she was still staring at them. Those men could strike again at any second. I had to make sure she was safe. I could let her escape through the front door, but it was full of frantic people trying to get out and she%26#039;d be easy to spot anyway. I had to have her jump behind the counter, with the crowd in the way, we shouldn%26#039;t be so easy to find either. I stood up and thrust my foot onto Aiyana%26#039;s back. She jumped, grabbing the area where she was hit.





“What-”





“Good,” I said, grabbing Aiyana%26#039;s arm. “Go behind the counter.”





“Why-”





“Don%26#039;t argue with me!” I shouted. “Do as I say!”





“Okay, I%26#039;m scared Lily.”





“Go, Hurry up!”





The frightened girl nodded, and leaped over the counter.





“Don%26#039;t move,” I said. “And keep your mouth shut. Don%26#039;t come out until I say.”





“Um... Okay.”





Aiyana should be safe there, as long as she kept her mouth shut. For the time being, I shouldn%26#039;t worry about her. Now I should be focused on the killers. They were no longer at the table, and they seemed to be camouflaged with the frightened group of people. I looked around, keeping a look out for them along with any suspicious or sudden movements. Wow, what a perfect time to leave the gun at home.





“You dumb ***, you shot the wrong kid!”





“Sorry, Number thirteen.”





The conversation came from under one of the tables, probably from the same row as the table where the two men sat earlier.





I sensed some movements from behind me. The image in my head was a man holding a huge knife. I turned around and he lunged at me. The knife headed toward me fast. The moment the tip of it was about to touch my face, I quickly tilted to the side and flung my left foot onto the man’s chest. He fell backward, losing grip of the knife, that flew into the air. I grabbed the knife by the handle, and lunged it into the man’s throat. He coughed. Blood sputtered from his mouth. He lied motionless on the ground with his eyes rolled up upward. I focused my attention on where the two men were.





Under the tables, were frightened customers. There was a very loud noise, and I followed the sound to the corner of the room. There sat a woman and a small baby, wrapped in pink blankets. The two men were also there, pointing their weapon at the woman.





“Please don’t kill me!” said a woman in the corner, holding her screaming infant.





“You got ten seconds to shut that thing up!” said one of the two men, pointing the gun at the baby.





“No, please!” The woman’s face became red, and tears rushed down her face. “Let me calm her down. You scared her.”





“Ten!” The man shouted.





He wouldn’t hurt a child, I thought. No one would.





“Please!” she grabbed the leg of the man’s trousers.





“Nine!”





“Don’t please,” she started sobbing. My mind and body boiled with fury. The b

I just posted a new story and you all will love it!!! I want to be famous!! It%26#039;s rather long but you%26#039;ll like!
sorry i think it%26#039;s kind of all over the place.. there is much of the story line that is coherent



at home skin care

No comments:

Post a Comment