Sunday, April 12, 2009

Can day lilies be transplanted with any success at this time of year?

Day Lilies are pretty bullet proof if handled correctly. In my neck of the woods (sub-tropical climate) I am able to transplant any time of the year with great success. Just ensure that you take most of the soil surrounding the roots etc with the plant for transplanting. I usually just use my spade to cut a wedge into the soil and lever the plant out. I do the same where I am going to plant it so the wedge fits into the new hole almost exactly. Compact and water immediately and keep moist for about a week or so. Really easy and it works almost perfectly my success rate is in the ball park of 99%,

Can day lilies be transplanted with any success at this time of year?
I have no idea...
Reply:Do not attempt to do this on your own. It is a very risky and complicated surgery. You need to find an experienced day lily surgeon in your area to perform the transplant.



skins.be blog

No comments:

Post a Comment